Many people are desperately searching for Absinthe and asking the question “Where can I order a bottle of Absinthe?”. The real Absinthe was not tasted by many people because Absinthe was authorized in many EU countries in 1988 but not in the United States until 2007.
Different sources to get a bottle of Absinthe?
Here are some tips to help you in your search for the perfect quality Absinthe:-
– Educate yourself about Absinthe, what it is, its history, its ingredients. Visit websites such as lafeeverte.net and absinthebuyersguide.com to gather more information about Absinthe.
– It is necessary to read product descriptions and product reviews for gathering more knowledge about particular Absinthes. The Jade collection by Ted Breaux, Absinthe Roquette 1797, La Boheme Absinthe Original, La Ptite Absinthe and Absinthe Clandestine are among the Absinthes which are based on original genuine Absinthe recipes from the 18th century and 19th century. With the help of traditional methods and techniques also these Absinthes are produced. There are also many modern Absinthes on sale on the Internet, look for ones that have won awards or that have got good reviews.
– Make sure that the Absinthe you choose contains wormwood. There are a few websites which display the thujone content of Absinthes. Thujone is a chemical found in wormwood (artemisia absinthium), the key ingredient which gives Absinthe its name and slight bitter taste. One can only buy and sell Absinthes with up to 10mg/kg of thujone in the USA and the EU. Anise and fennel are the other basic ingredients. Due to lack of anise content wormwood bitters are not considered as Absinthe. As the Czech Hill’s Absinthe is free from anise so it is also not a true Absinthe.
– One can get a large variety of Absinthe. A person should also take into account clear Swiss La Bleue styles. A person can also buy different colored Absinthes like the red Absenta Serpis from Spain and Tabu Red from Germany.
– It is necessary to look at the alcohol by volume of Absinthes. Usually Absinthe has an abv of between 50 and 75%. “Proof” is nearly two times of the abv.
– If you find Absinthe in a liquor store you can either ask the owner for advice or search for that Absinthe on the Internet to find out more about it before you purchase it.
– Shop around to get the price and always take account of shipping costs.
– A person should collect information about The Ritual of preparing Absinthe.
With the help of Absinthe kits anyone can prepare their own wormwood Absinthe at home. A few of these kits will not produce a real Absinthe as they do not involve distillation. Such essences are available from a company called AbsintheKit (AbsintheKitcom) who supply these essences to the Absinthe industry. As the essences contain the traditional Absinthe herbs, including wormwood so one has to only mix it with Everclear or vodka. An essence used to prepare one 750ml bottle of Absinthe is much cheaper than commercial bottled Absinthe!
One can visit AbsintheKit.com to get Absinthe kits which contain enough essence to make 14 bottles of Absinthe, a plastic measure and 14 artistic bottle labels. These kits cost $29 so they are very economical. One can also purchase replica Absinthe spoons and glasses from their website.
A person should not only take into account “Where can I order a bottle of Absinthe”?”, An Absinthe essence can also be used.